Tuesday 18 January 2011

Denim clothes - fashion foundation

What is it with denim? Ever since it was first introduced it has been worn by nearly everyone ever since.

Denim jeans, jackets, hats, skirts, dresses, shirts, bags, leggings (jeggings). You can even get a result if you put the term denim wedding dress into a search engine.

What I'd like to know, though, is: what is the strangest denim clothing you have ever owned?

I remember when I was about 7 and my gran worked in a clothes factory and used to bring stuff back for us (possibly at heavy discount from the quality control bin, but I don't know for sure). And one time we got these green workwear style jeans - you know the kind of jeans that have weird angular pockets for hammers, saws, etc? Well, that's the ones. They were actually a very good pair of jeans apart from the colour, although the only saws and hammers I owned at the time were plastic Fisher Price ones.

1 comment: